Subscribe and get 8% OFF on your first purchase
Brief Description Of Word
Microsoft Word (MS) documents is a renown and widely used software that has become very beneficial to students, writers, journalist, and overall to anyone who must write in general. MS documents store vital information for users and many times these files will carry sensitive information -- as such they will require that they are protected.
For these specific situations, MS Word itself provides a brilliant opportunity for users to lock as well as unlock the word files so that the data cannot be altered or misused by any unauthorized users. Due to the high level of security MS Word is also a software that is very popular amongst Apple users as well.
How to add fonts to word on Mac
Fonts have long been one of the defining features of the Mac -- ever since it was first introduced. Moreover, while the Mac did come with a nice collection of fonts, it usually is not too long before you have begun installing new fonts to your Mac as soon as you could find them. The web is a goldmine of free along with low-cost fonts for your Mac, and we strongly believe that you can never have too many fonts. You'd be surprised how challenging it can be to find the perfect; even if you have hundreds of fonts to choose from.
We have found that the more there is, the harder it is to make a choice. You don't have to be a graphics pro designer to need or want an extensive collection of fonts. There are many beginner-friendly desktop publishing programs, and the more fonts along with clip art you have to choose from, the easier and the more fun you can have creating greeting cards, family newsletters, or whatever project you may be working.
These including the:
- Type 1 (PostScript)
- TrueType (.ttf)
- TrueType Collection (.ttc)
- Multiple Master (OS X 10.2 and later).
Often you'll see these fonts described as Windows fonts, but the truth is that there's an excellent chance these fonts will work just fine on your Mac; especially the fonts whose file names end in the ".ttf" (which means they're TrueType Fonts). Before you decide to install any fonts, you should be sure to quit all open applications. When you have decided to install the fonts, there will be active apps that won't be able to see the new font resources ONLY until they have been restarted. By closing all the open apps, you will be assured that any app you have just launched after installing the font will be able to use the new font.
- Install Fonts Only for Your Account If you want these new downloadable fonts to only be available to you, install them in your personal Library folder at your username/Library/Fonts. Be sure to replace your username with your home folder's name. You will also notice that your personal Library folder isn't going to be present. Both the macOS as well as the older OS X operating systems hide your own library folder.
- Install Fonts for All Accounts to Use If you want your new fonts to be available to anyone else who may use your computer, drag them to the Library/Fonts folder, this Library folder is located on your Mac’s startup drive. By double-clicking the startup drive icon on your desktop, you can have access to the Library folder. Once inside the Library folder, you can now drag your new fonts to the Fonts folder. You will need to supply an administrator password to make changes to the Fonts folder.
- Installing Fonts for All Network UsersIf you want your new fonts to be available to anyone else who may use your computer, drag them to the Network/Library/Fonts folder.
- STEP #1: Installing Fonts With Font Book
- STEP #2: Screenshot of Font Book on macOS
- STEP #3: The Font Book is an application that comes with the Mac and this app simplifies the process of managing your fonts. This includes installing, uninstalling, viewing, as well as organizing them.
One of the significant advantages of using Font Book to install a new font is that it will validate a font before installing it. This allows you to know if there will be any problems with the file, or if there will be any conflicts with other fonts.
- Previewing Fonts Many applications will allow you to display previews of fonts in the Font menu section. The preview section is limited to the font's name, so you don't have to get to see all the available letters as well as the numbers. All you have to do is launch Font Book, and then click the target font to select it. The default preview displays a font's letters as well as the numbers. You can also use the slider on the right side of the window to reduce or to enlarge the display size. If you want to view the special characters they are also available in a font, click the Preview menu and select Repertoire. If you would like to use the custom phrase or group of characters each time you preview a font, then all you will need to do is click the Preview menu and select Custom. After that type the characters or phrase in the display window. You will be able to switch between Preview, Repertoire, and Custom views at will.
- How to Uninstall Fonts Uninstalling fonts can be as easy as installing them. All you need to do is open the folder(s) that contains the font, and then from there click and drag the font to the Trash.
You can also use the Font Book to remove a font you no longer desire to have. Launch the Font Book, and then click the target font to select it. From the File menu, choose Remove (name of font).
Benefits of Microsoft Word
- Put your best words forward:With Word, you will be able to write with confidence -- having great informed that your work will be the best due to the smart technology designed in Words to help with your spelling, grammar, and even stylistic writing suggestions. With tools at your fingertips, you can quickly go from pen to paper and to digital effortlessly.
- Stay in the flow:You can get all the information you will need as you write and do so -- without ever having to leave Word, whether it’s a teammate’s PowerPoint slide, cited research, or reports from your LinkedIn to help you craft a compelling and eye-catching resume or article.
- Work better together:It will not matter wherever you are -- you will be able to collaborate in real time. You will also be able to share all your work and documents with just the click of a button. Inviting others (friends, teammates, etc.) to edit in realtime or to add comments to a task is also feasible. Lastly, no matter your preferred full language (if you are working in a multi-verbal group) or accessibility options -- everyone on your team will still be able to work together to do more.
- Collaborate on shared projects:Easily one of the hallmarks. The Office Online combines the more commonly used Office features as well as the real-time co-authoring capabilities.
- Jumpstart your documents:You will be able to show your professionalism with Word templates in over 40 categories, as well as save so much more time.
- Connect with experts:If you are having any difficulties you can see what’s new by getting tips along with tricks to help you create, edit, and finally polish documents just like a pro.
6 Features of Microsoft Word You Should be Using
- How About Checking Your Spelling? With Microsoft Word you can quickly correct your spelling errors -- and do so all in one go. Spelling corrections can be done by just running a full Word spell check from the Review tab (which can save you a great deal of time), through Proofing group, or via Spelling and Grammar button. When using the main Spelling or the Grammar dialog box, Microsoft Word will be listed in the "Not in Dictionary" box. When this happens, you will get suggestions that will be presented below the screen -- with the first suggestion selected. The options you have will all be similar to the right-click options that are available for corrections as you type.
- Utilizing The Benefits Of Mail MergeThis feature (mail merge) allows you to send out bulk emails to the people on your email list -- but consequently with unique elements (elements such as coding). For example, you could produce a series of labels or envelopes for your great mailing sending scenario.
In this email or letter, it can include your names as well as your addresses and other informative details. It can also have a ‘directory.’ You can just create one document that contains all this information -- and then from there; it will all be the same in each version (emails that are being sent).
- Find & ReplaceYou will be able to save precious amounts of time with this useful Word feature. The Word Replace can also search for all occurrences of a particular word, a phrase or a set of characters -- after it has found what you were looking for it will then replace them with an alternative.
You will also be given the option to replace all the occurrences or to move through them individually; accepting or rejecting each change that you deem necessary.
- Inserting WatermarksIf you have just sent an important document or maybe just create a draft sample, you will want to be able to protect your content and do so without having to edit too much of it. With this feature, you will be able to insert a watermark specific to your document via the page layout button. You will also be able to customize your own watermark, as well as also insert your own picture. This feature is great because you can insert your brand logo -- and to sidestep for a second creating a brand is really powerful. Your brand logo will be on your reports for your business that you may produce.
- Inserting Your Header & FooterIt is essential to use the space function in your header and your footer so that you can save space in other areas of your document. This feature also makes your files have a much more professional and appealing look to them.
What you can do is include page numbers that run across the whole documents for example. However, what many people don’t seem to take too much advantage of is the idea that they can also insert their unique images into the documents. More specifically, we mean they can place their company's logo or maybe a compelling image that has context with the document's overall theme.
- Using Hyperlinks StrategicallyPerhaps one of the best ways to give your Word document that extra bit of cutting edge -- is to insert hyperlinks in the images as well as into specific text to make your document more interactive.
By simply right-clicking on the text/image as well as clicking the hyperlink, you will then be able to select where you wish to direct the users to. A great way to further utilize this fantastic feature and tool is to direct users to another article or maybe even a web page that has your digital footprint all over. This creates more traffic and more buzz about your business.
Why SoftwareKeep.com is the Right Place to Buy?
Softwarekeep is a trusted software reseller and a Microsoft Certified Partner. We only sell genuine Microsoft Office and Microsoft products. They are full versions and completely legal, entitled to all of the benefits of purchasing from Microsoft, except that you will find it at a better price with us. At SoftwareKeep, we exist to make tech accessible by helping people like you choose the perfect product, get a great deal, and install it easily. This means you can start using your software immediately. If you’re looking for genuine Microsoft software at the lowest price anywhere, complete with 24/7 technical support and advice, you’ve come to the right place. SoftwareKeep has everything you need to meet your software needs.
- Let us help you One of our Installation Specialist will help you set up your new software hassle-free. Software sold separately
- Instant download Digital download 100% authentic from Microsoft and new software in minutes.
- Shop with confidence We guarantee money back if you have any problem with our one of our softwares.
- Lowest price guarantee We always have the best deals but if you find an identical product cheaper than us, we‘ll beat it by 5%.